- Grief: define and describe the physical symptoms, psychological and social responses and its spiritual aspects.
- Summarize the types of grief.
- Although death is a universal human experience, please specify culture-specific considerations that exist regarding attitudes toward the loss of a loved one, including age (child or older adult) and cause of death.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
Supplemental Materials & Resources
Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate the articles below:
- Ellington, L., Reblin, M., Clayton, M. F., Berry, P., & Mooney, K. (2012). Hospice Nurse Communication with Patients with Cancer and their Family Caregivers.Journal of Palliative Medicine,15(3), 262–268.
- Duke, G., Thompson, S. & Hastie, M. (2007). Factors influencing completion of advanced directives in hospitalized patients. Journal of Palliative Nursing, 13(1), 39-43.
- Bockhold, C., Hughes, R., & Ashley, K. (2016). The ethics of opioids for chronic noncancer pain. Nursing 2016, 46(10), 63-67.