Task: View this topic
Points: 100 | Due Date: Week 3, Day 7 | CLO: 5 | Grade Category: Assignments
The purpose of assignments Part 1 – Part 3 is to gradually guide the student in developing the signature assignment. The idea is for the student to take a stepwise approach to completing the signature assignment. The signature assignment will be broken up into three steps: STEP 1 – Introduction and Overview of the Problem; STEP 2 – Project Purpose Statement, Background & Significance and PICOt Formatted Clinical Project Question; and STEP 3 – Literature Review and Critical Appraisal of the Literature. The three steps, when completed, will be combined in the final Signature Assignment formal paper in Week 8.
This week’s assignment is STEP 1 – Introduction and Problem Statement.
First, the student will select a clinical question from the Approved List of PICOt/Clinical Questions or seek approval for a question from the course professor only for Nurse Educator and Health Care Leadership MSN majors who wish to tailor their research question to their specialized major. The student will select an approved topic from the list (or with faculty approval as previously stated) and will customize the question to meet his or her interest.
Next, the student will use the outline below and submit via a Word doc to the assignment link.
- Provide a title that conveys or describes the assignment.
- Introduction – Provide an introduction to your topic or project. The introduction gives the reader an accurate, concrete understanding what the project will cover and what can be gained from implementation of this project.
- Overview of the Problem – Provide a synopsis of the problem and some indication of why the problem is worth exploring or what contribution the proposed project is apt to make to practice.
- References – Cite references using APA 7th ed. Manual.
- Due: Monday, 11:59 pm PT
- Format: Completed Word doc with references in APA 7th ed. format
- File name: Save the file with Student First Name_Last Name_Part 1