This final research paper must demonstrate the understanding of new learning in the field of supply chain management and how the supply chain supports the organization’s business strategy. This is an assignment with a length of 10 to 15 pages (not including title and reference pages) that should integrate the reading, multi-media and class discussion boards. You are required to utilize research from the classroom text, as well as 6 to 8 additional sources from the internet or online library to support your views. At least two of these sources must be from ProQuest.
Consider the validity of your resources carefully before using them in academic papers. It is recommended to use examples from your professional experience where possible, or build from your learning in the discussion boards
In your 10- to 15-page research paper, you will describe both the business strategy and supply chain strategy for your organization, or for a business unit of your organization, or for some other organization for which you have worked in the past and still retain contacts. Your research paper will describe how this organization aligns its business strategy with its supply chain strategy (use the definition from page 26 of the text to guide you) if they have a formal one. You are to expand this description and supplement it with a critical analysis and suggested improvement steps/actions based on what you have learned in this course.
Key issues to address:
- What opportunities exist to improve supply chain activities through better alignment of logistics and the company’s strategic plan?
- In what ways can the supply chain integrate with logics in order to get goods and services moved effectively and efficiently?
- How might a company’s agility in terms of the supply chain and/or logistics improve the movement of goods and /or products?
- What challenges does the interaction of supplier and manufacturers bring to the logistics management arena?
- What processes could be adopted to increase value for the customer?
- What are the impacts of Supply Chain Management on various organizational functions?
- What are the financial implications of improving supply chain management for the company?
- What “best practices” are available to support your recommendations?
The Final Paper:
- Must be ten to fifteen double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use your text and six to eight scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
For the final assignment, please carefully read the instructions to make sure you fully address each requirement. Be sure to incorporate ideas from at least six to eight outside sources in addition to the material found in the textbook. At least two of these sources must be from ProQuest. For a “distinguished” score in this area, you will need more than the minimum number of additional sources, not including the textbook. Please use level 1 headings for this assignment to help keep your work focused and organized. You will not earn full points for this assignment if you don’t have headings. These are required for graduate level work. I recommend constructing a relevant heading for each of the required assignment items. This can function as a basic framework for your paper, and you will know that you have covered each requirement when you are finished. Be sure to start with a strong introduction and end with a conclusion to tie your ideas together.
Here are some APA and other miscellaneous tips:
1. The material on the title page should be double spaced with a 12 point Times New Roman font. The format of the running head on the title page is Running head: TITLE OF PAPER IN ALL CAPS.
2. Construct the entries in the reference page with a hanging indent, double spaced. “References” should be centered, no colon. Please do not used numbered or bulleted lists.
3. Level 1 headings are bolded, centered, upper and lower case. PLEASE BE SURE TO USE THEM!!!
4. The format of the in-text citation is: (author last name, year of publication, p. x), where x is the page number. The page number may be omitted for paraphrased and summarized material. The period belongs after the citation, not before.
5. The length of the paper should be at least 10 pages to fully address the assignment requirements.
6. Write in the third person for academic work unless directed to do so. That means no “I,” for example.
7. You may wish to use the attached APA template to format your work.
Please let me know if you have questions about the assignment requirements or APA. I hope you have a great week!