Research into areas of network telecommunications security. Carry your research even further by exploring some cybercrime stores located at:
Cyber Crimes Stories, (2014). The FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation). Retrieved from http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/story-index/cyber-crimes
Select one or more of the cases or stories randomly and describe the type of attackers and the type of attack(s) in a five-page paper. As part of your analysis of these cases and stories, conclude with suggestions you would offer which could possibly prevent or even deter individuals or parties from attempting these cyber related crimes again over respective telecommunication networks. As part of your concluding suggestions, visually represent these suggestions as a process in a flow diagram and a telecommunications diagram which shows security measures and tools in place designed to prevent cyber related breaches and crime.
Tip: One of the best ways to create and come up with ideas for flow and network diagrams is to research the internet form some examples. Example keywords may include “Network Security Flow Diagram” and “Security Network and Telecommunications Diagram Examples.”
Important Note: It is highly recommended that any student in areas of computer and information technology have access to drawing software. These software packages may include Microsoft Visio or Smart Draw. In the short term, Microsoft Word 2007, 2010, and 2013 includes SmartArt tools which can be useful to prepare diagrams. For the Mac, OmniGroup’s OmniGraffle is an excellent choice at a modest cost.
General Paper Requirements:
- Paper will need to include an APA cover page.
- Paper will need to include a 100 to 150 word abstract.
- Paper will need to be a minimum of 2,000 words not including the cover page, abstract, and reference page.
- Paper will need to be supported with a minimum of three academic resources, one of which can be the textbook.
- Paper will include security data flow diagram embedded or pasted into the document as instructed.
- Paper will include Network/Telecommunications security diagram embedded or pasted into the document as instructed.
- Paper will need to follow all general formatting to meet APA standards of professional writing and research documentation including a complete reference page.