Based on the course readings and a minimum of four appropriate sources of research, create a 4–6 page executive summary suitable for presentation to senior leadership on employee motivation that includes the following:
- Determine which department is suitable for the reward and recognition program.
- Identify a specific goal the employees must work on to be eligible for recognition or to receive the award.
- Examples include reducing errors, increasing customer or patient satisfaction, reducing costs.
- Research a specific motivation theory and determine why this method would be the most practical and effective for this program.
- Theories such as the expectancy theory, equity theory, goal-setting theory, Management by Objectives (MBO), or the four-prong model of intrinsic motivation.
- Explain why the selected theory would be the most practical and effective for the rewards and recognition program.
- Recommend 2–3 types of rewards and (or) recognition that would be the most effective in motivating the employees to achieve the goals.
- Create a communication tool for eligible employees announcing the program, rules, and awards.
- For example, email, newsletter, internal Facebook post.
- Locate at least four quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.