Business & Finance homework help. You will answer in a question-answer format (only the question number as a heading and not the scenario). For each of the following questions, prepare a response that addresses all questions asked, fully supported with concepts from the course materials including the course eBook. You are required to draw from the course materials unless indicated. All source materials must be properly cited using APA. Not using the course materials will negatively impact the grade.
Step 1: Answer the following questions using the course materials to support the reasoning.
QUESTION 1 Environmental Issues
The text, Business Ethics, Chapter 14 provides several models and frameworks for a business approach to the environment and sustainability including;
- accelerate and innovate
- monetize and count
- express corporate responsibility
Using the perspective of a business owner of a mid-size manufacturer, select the approach/approaches you would recommend for this company (mid-size manufacturer). Support the selection by explaining the approach, describing which of the five (5) environmental positions you espouse, and how the approach and positions relate to key ethical theories we have studied.
(5 positions are the following: 1: The environment shouldn’t be protected. 2: The environment should be protected in the name of serving human welfare. 3: The environment should be protected in the name of serving future generations’ welfare. 4: The environment should be protected in the name of serving animal welfare. 5: The environment should be protected for its own sake.)
QUESTION 2 Data Security
For this question, please select one of the breaches listed in the Business Insider Biggest Hacks article, research it (beyond the Business Insider article), and prepare your response to the following questions.
Business Insider Biggest Data Hacks of 2018
- Discuss the nature of the breach in terms of WHO was harmed. Use a stakeholder orientation as we studied to evaluate the harmed.
- Define and explain the overarching ethical issues demonstrated by the data breaches. Refer to our course text to define the issues.Explain how such breaches prevail?
- Discuss the level of governance that you espouse for the industry? Be sure to support your position with information from our course learningand other well researched reliable sources.
QUESTION 3 Government Regulation
The two (2) crashes of Boeing Airlines’ 737 Max 8 present an opportunity for examining the interaction of regulators (Government), industry and society. The ongoing examination of the crashes include investigation of the Boeing/FAA relationship and the role of regulators including whether the airline manufacturing industry can / should self-govern. The following articles provide background information on the Boeing Airlines case.
How Did the F.A.A. Allow the Boeing 737 Max to Fly? | The New Yorker www.newyorker.com Retrieve April 17 from: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/how-did-the-faa-allow-the-boeing-737-max-to-fly
Boeing’s Not Alone In Companies That Government Agencies Have Let Self-Regulate | NPR Heard on All Things Considered Retrieved May 20 from: https://www.npr.org/2019/04/02/709203191/boeings-not-alone-in-companies-that-government-agencies-have-let-self-regulate
For this question, you will consider the relationship of Government, Business and Society and specifically the concept of Government Regulation of Business, using the Boeing case presented as an example. SELECT A POSITION ON THE REGULATION CONTINUUM AS DEMONSTRATED BELOW.
- Define and discuss the type of regulation espoused using concepts from the eBookand examples from the case to support your recommendations. When referring to a concept, you must include the definition from the eBook to establish its meaning.
- Applying the regulation continuum selection and reasoning as a guide, answer the following specific questions.
- Explain the arguments for and against airline manufacturers being allowed to self-regulate airplane’s safety testing and features? Which arguments support your position on the continuum?
- Explain the arguments for privately owned companies being allowed to lobby against safety regulations? Which arguments support your position on the continuum?
- What examples, beyond Boeing support your selection and recommendations? Be specific. This question will require research.