Business & Finance homework help. Ratio Analysis Exercises and Problems
Use the data for Tolito Treats, Inc., below, to do the assigned problems.
- Compute the following earnings coverage ratios:
- Earnings to fixed charges.
- Cash flow to fixed charges.
- Earnings coverage of preferred dividends.
- Analyze and interpret the earnings coverage ratios in (A).
Tolito Treats, Inc. Consolidated Income Statement ($ thousands)
Year Ending December 31, 2015
Undistributed Income of Less Than 50%-Owned Affiliates
Cost of Goods Sold
Selling and Administrative Expenses
Share of Minority Interest in Consolidated Income
Income Before Taxes
Earnings Retained for the Year
- The following changes occurred in current assets and current liabilities for 2015:
Notes Payable to Bank
- The effective tax rate is 40%.
- Shares of minority interests in consolidated income do not have fixed charges.
- Interest expenses include:
Interest Incurred (Except Items Below)
Amortization of Bond Premium
Interest on Capitalized Leases
Less Interest Capitalized
- Amortization of previously capitalized interest (included in depreciation) is $60.
- Interest implicit in operating lease rental payment (included in rental expense) is $120.
Your submission should:
- Be full 2 pages for the written portion (not including reference page which you must include)
- Include the Excel spreadsheet with computations.
- Clearly separate your responses so your instructor knows the problems you are answering.
- Follow the APA format.
Chapter 10 in Financial Statement Analysis
Archibald, G. (2018). Figuring out your balance sheet financial ratios and operating ratios. Rochester Business Journal, 34(32), 28-29.
DeAngelo, H., & Roll, R. (2016). Capital structure instability. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 28(4), 38–52. (To view this reading, please open the link provided and download the “PDF full text.”)
Zarb, B. J. (2018). Liquidity, solvency, and financial health: Do they have an impact on U.S. airline companies’ profit volatility? International Journal of Business, Accounting and Finance, 12(1), 42-51. (To view this reading, please open the link provided and download the “PDF full text.”)
Subramanyam, K. R. (2014). Financial statement analysis (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw Hill. ISBN13: 9780078110962