In this discussion board, you will list a disease/illness and the microorganism that causes it.
The microorganism may be a bacteria, virus, parasite, protozoan (amoebas, algae, waterborne illness), invertebrate (worms, flies, ticks), etc. Requirements:
- List the disease and/or illness
- List what it is caused by (specific scientific and common names of the organism – viruses will be more difficult to determine the actual name). Scientific names must be written correctly using the rules of binomial nomenclature.
- Explain the disease/illness
- What are the symptoms
- How is it contracted
- Is there a treatment and/or cure
- Be sure the disease/illness you choose to write about is caused by a microorganism (bacteria, virus, protozoan, parasite, etc.). Do not write about genetic disorders or birth defects.